Do you still have a teacher gift to buy, or want a unique present for a neighbor? Are you looking for yet another way to use your essential oils? Well look no further than this Chapstick Locket tutorial!
Here’s what you need!
- A locket! I purchased a whole bunch of them on Ebay! They were extremely reasonably priced and antique-looking; my fave!
- Shea Butter! You can find this at a health food store or possibly your local supermarket.
- Coconut Oil!
- Beeswax! I ordered mine from Vitacost.
- An essential oil(s) of your choice! I used Peppermint.
- If you prefer colored chapstick, your choice of lipstick is needed as well.
Follow these easy steps!
- Add a small amount of water to the bottom of a sauce pan. Water should be about an inch or so deep.
- Turn your stove’s heating element to medium.
- Place a mason jar in your sauce pan.
- Add to your mason jar 2 Tbsp. of Shea butter, 1 1/2 Tbsp. of beeswax, and 1 Tbsp. coconut oil. Stir occasionally until mixture is melted and homogeneous.
- Turn your heat down to low.
- Add about 15-20 drops of essential oil to the lip mixture. Stir well.
- Open your locket. Using a syringe, quickly drip the mixture into the locket. Hold each locket level as you add the warm mixture. Let the liquid set a bit before putting it down. Do not try to add your mixture to all of the lockets at once, but do this step individually for each locket! This is important if you want your mixture in each locket to dry level.
- To cool, place your lockets in the freezer or refrigerator for about an hour.
- If you need to clean them up a bit, use a toothpick to remove hardened gloss from undesirable areas on your locket.
- Leave your lockets out at room temperature overnight before wrapping them.
Need essential oils? Click here!
Disclaimer! The information (and/or products offered) in this post are not meant to diagnose, treat, prevent, or cure any disease, but is only what I, a Young Living distributor, have chosen to do to take charge of my family’s personal health. My statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. Please seek medical attention before using these products if you are pregnant, nursing, have a medical condition, or if you are on any medications.
Please use the information provided on this page in conjunction with your own research and health care provider’s advice. This information is meant for educational purposes only, not to determine your specific health care plan.
*I may receive compensation through purchases made from the Young Living link!